This recipe is so easy! Only three ingredients, sweet potatoes, vegetable oil of your choice, and sea salt, and you have the BEST, most tender, carmelized, and delicious sweet potatoes ever!
- Sweet potatoes, scrubbed and pierced with a knife
- vegetable oil of choice
- Sea salt
- Preheat the Traeger to high heat. Make sure your hopper has the wood pellets in it.
- Line a sheet pan with foil, and then top with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes very well with a vegetable brush. Dry the potatoes. Pierce each potato with a knife, two times on each side.
- Rub vegetable oil of your choice and sea salt on each sweet potato.
- Place the potatoes on the sheet pan. Once the Traeger is up to temperature, place the sheet pan on the Traeger grill. Smoke the sweet potatoes until they are fork tender. I smoked the sweet potatoes for about an hour on high heat.
These potatoes were delicious on their own! Salt, pepper, and butter are delicious with them as well. They would also be great served with a cinnamon butter, honey butter, or a cinnamon maple butter.
Do you enjoy sweet potatoes? What else do you make on the Traeger grill?
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!