Challah bread, orange, and maple flavors pair so well together in this delicious French toast. Try this for your next breakfast or brunch!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of half and half
- 1 cup of milk, I used 2 percent milk
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange, juice half of the orange into the batter
- 2 Tablespoons of real Maple Syrup, I used Coombs Organic Real Maple Syrup, Grade A Dark Amber (it’s so good!)
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 loaf of Challah Bread, cut on a slight bias into slices
- 2 Tablespooms of butter, for the griddle
- Heat the Blackstone griddle on Medium heat.
- Slice up the Challah bread.
- Mix up the French toast batter; the eggs, half and half, milk, vanilla extract, orange zest and juice, maple syrup, and a dash of sea salt.
- Butter the Blackstone griddle.
- Using tongs, dip each bread slice into the batter on both sides and place each piece In the butter on the griddle.
- Cook until golden brown, then flip each piece to the other side. once the second side is golden brown, remove i’m placed on a serving platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve with butter, and maple syrup. Fresh fruit is great with this as well.