These carrots are on our table for every holiday feast, they are my favorite! The pressure cooker renders tender and sweet carrots that pair so well with mashed potatoes.
- Carrots, peeled, washed, and trimmed into 3 inch pieces
- Water to fill about two inches of the bottom of the pressure cooker pot
- Sugar, I used approximately 2 tablespoons
- 3 Tablespoons of salted butter, I used Kerry Gold
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh dill, if desired
- More butter to top the cooked carrots
- Peel, wash, and cut the carrots into 3 inch long pieces
- Place carrots in the pressure cooker insert, I use the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker.
- Add about 2 inches of water to the pot.
- Add in the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Place the lid onto the Ninja Foodi and make sure the valve is set to Seal.
- Pressure cook on high for 16 minutes. Once done, release the pressure by switching the valve to Vent.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove carrots from the pot and put them in a serving dish. Add additional butter to the top of the carrots, and garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
I love these carrots so much! I hope you give them a try.