These savory pesto sausage cheddar cornbread swirls are filled with flavor and super easy to make! Serve with your favorite dipping sauces like marinara, pesto, Alfredo, or ranch, and enjoy.
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Cornbread Swirls
- 1 package of sweet sausage, removed from casings (I browned the whole package, but did not use it all for the recipe, you can use about half the package for this recipe.)
- 1 small onion, diced
- Add in any spices you would like to season the sausage. I used garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and some parsley garlic salt grinder seasoning
- 4 slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons prepared Pesto
- 1/4 cup of Grana Padano cheese, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Sauté sausage and onion with preferred spices on medium high heat until sausage is brown and cooked through. Set aside on a plate or a tray to cool.
- Place parchment on a baking sheet and roll out the Cornbread Swirl dough.
- Add the 4 slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese on top of the dough, breaking the slices to fit.
- Spread on the pesto on top of the cheese.
- Add in the cooled sausage and onions. Spread to the edges so the edge pieces have filling as well.
- Sprinkle sausage with some Grana Padano cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down so it is easier to cut. Using a serrated knife, slice into 6 equal pieces. Place each swirl onto the parchment, allow space in between for them to spread.
- Bake at 375° for 14 to 17 minutes, rotating halfway for even browning. Bake until golden brown.
- Serve as is, or with your favorite dipping sauces, such as marinara, pesto, Alfredo, ranch, or honey mustard.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!