This cheesy delicious quiche is good warm, room temperature, or cold, and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 prepared Deep Dish Pie Crust (frozen section), or make your own crust if you’d prefer.
- 1 (10 ounce) box of frozen Chopped Spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup of grated Locatelli Romano Cheese, or Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup grated Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh grated Nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blind bake the pie crust: Prick holes on the bottom of the crust with a fork. Line the bottom the the crust with parchment and pie weights (or use dried beans as pie weights). Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the parchment and pie weights/beans. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter until translucent. Or if you prefer, you can cook the onion low and slow to caramelize them. Once caramelized, add in the garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Squeeze the water out of the spinach and mix it in the the onions and garlic. Mix in half of the feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, Locatelli Romano cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg (if using).
- Place the baked pie crust on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 of the sharp cheddar cheese onto the baked pie crust. Spread out the spinach mixture evenly on top of the cheese. Pour the egg and cream mixture over top. Top with remaining sharp cheddar cheese and the rest of the feta.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 55 minutes, or until custard is set. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Can be enjoyed warm, room temperature, or cold.