These buttery little cookies are deliciously addictive and can be decorated many different ways. I usually make a double batch.
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) of softened Butter
- 1 cup of Confectioners’ (Powdered) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of Almond Extract
- 1 large Egg
- 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Various sprinkles and decorative sugars to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Add in vanilla and almond extracts, and the egg. Mix until incorporated and fluffy. Don’t worry if mixture separates after adding the egg, continue to beat until combined and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together, or sift dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture. Mix until just combined. Add the dough to a cookie press, press the cookies out into an ungreased cookie sheet (do not use parchment or a silpat, as the cookie dough will not grip to parchment or a silpat.)
- Decorate cookies with sprinkles and sugars.
- Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes, bake until firm, no need for the cookies to be brown. After a few minutes, transfer to a rack to cool.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!