These extra meaty ribs are dry rubbed and smoked low and slow for 4 hours. Then they are sauced and the heat is turned up for the most delectable BBQ ribs.
- 1 rack of extra meaty ribs
- Dry rub seasoning of your choice, I used Smokin’ Guns BBQ’s Sweet Heat
- BBQ sauce of your choice, I used KC Masterpiece’s The Classic 816 sauce Sweet Maple Flavor
- Preheat the Traeger Wood Pellet grill, or whatever brand smoker you use to 180°.
- Coat the ribs with dry rub seasoning. Once the smoker is up to temperature, place the ribs on the smoker meaty side down.
- Let the ribs cook for four hours at 180°.
- After four hours, Use a basting brush to baste the ribs with your choice of barbecue sauce. Next, wrap the ribs in nonstick foil and place back on the smoker; meaty side down; with the temperature probe inserted into the meat.
- Crank the heat up to 350°. Cook the ribs until the internal temperature reaches 204°. It took my smoker approximately 30 minutes to reach that internal temperature.
- Let the ribs rest for 20 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional sauce, if desired.
How do you cook your ribs? Please let me know in the comments.