These extra meaty ribs are dry rubbed and smoked low and slow for 4 hours. Then they are sauced and the heat is turned up for the most delectable BBQ ribs.
- 1 rack of extra meaty ribs
- Dry rub seasoning of your choice, I used Smokin’ Guns BBQ’s Sweet Heat
- BBQ sauce of your choice, I used KC Masterpiece’s The Classic 816 sauce Sweet Maple Flavor
- Preheat the Traeger Wood Pellet grill, or whatever brand smoker you use to 180°.
- Coat the ribs with dry rub seasoning. Once the smoker is up to temperature, place the ribs on the smoker meaty side down.
- Let the ribs cook for four hours at 180°.
- After four hours, Use a basting brush to baste the ribs with your choice of barbecue sauce. Next, wrap the ribs in nonstick foil and place back on the smoker; meaty side down; with the temperature probe inserted into the meat.
- Crank the heat up to 350°. Cook the ribs until the internal temperature reaches 204°. It took my smoker approximately 30 minutes to reach that internal temperature.
- Let the ribs rest for 20 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional sauce, if desired.
How do you cook your ribs? Please let me know in the comments.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!