These potatoes are cooked in water with lots of salt until tender and then smashed with the bottom of a glass on a sheet pan. Next, the potatoes are drizzled with olive oil and dotted with pats of butter and then roasted to crispy perfection. They are so good!
- 1 bag of salt potatoes from Wegman’s
- 4 quarts of water
- Olive oil, I used Spectrum Rosemary flavored olive oil
- Butter, I used Keller’s butter, you may want to use unsalted butter here due to excess salt in the cooking process
- Using a large stock pot, add 4 quarts of water to the pot and add the salt packet that comes with the potatoes to the pot. Put on the lid and bring to a boil.
- While the water is heating, scrub the potatoes well.
- When the water has begun to boil, carefully place the potatoes in the salted, boiling water. Boil anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- You can choose to serve them hot once cooked. I made them into crispy smashed potatoes. Preheat your oven to 450°.
- I spread the potatoes out on parchment lined cookie sheets. Next, I smashed each potato with the bottom of a glass. Do not overcrowd your pans. Use two pans to get maximum crispiness.
- Drizzle each potato with some olive oil. I used rosemary flavored olive oil. I also dotted the trays of potatoes with a few pats of butter.
- Roast the potatoes at 450° for about 15 minutes, or until brown, then flip, then roast for an additional 15 minutes on the other side.
Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces, or enjoy as is!