This delicious sandwich comes together so quickly and is full of flavor. I used my air fryer (only 3 minutes) to bake it, but pan fried, or a panini maker would work great too. For a quick, easy, delicious meal, try this!
- 1 long hoagie roll, be sure to use a good, crusty roll for this, I used Liscio’s Bakery Rolls
- Pesto, I used prepared pesto, Barilla Brand
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, I got the pre-sliced log, Belgioioso brand mozzarella cheese
- Roasted red peppers, I used jarred red peppers in water, Litaly Brand, dried them well and sliced them to fit the roll
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the roll, leaving a “hinge” on one side of the roll.
- Spread pesto on both sides of the roll.
- On one half of the roll, line up the fresh mozzarella cheese slices.
- On the other side of the roll, add the roasted red pepper slices.
- Dollop some more pesto on top of the fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- On a parchment lined sheet, cook on air fry mode in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer for 3 minutes at 350°.
- Fold sandwich together and slice on a bias. Serve with chips, or a delicious side of your choice.