Lime, garlic, and bell pepper rice and chipotle black bean crumbles star in this filling vegetarian street taco bowl. Add your favorite taco toppings and you have a hearty and satisfying meal that took no time at all.
- Kinder’s Mains Street Taco Bowl with Lime and Garlic Rice
- Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles
- Parsley Flakes, 1 Tablespoon
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil, or a neutral vegetable oil of your choice, 2 Tablespoons per pan
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 and 3/4 cups of water
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, I used Cabot’s Aged 5 Years Sharp White Cheddar
- Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Jalapeños, picked or fresh
- Scallions or onion, diced fine
- Salsa, I used Good and Gather Cantina Style Salsa from Target
- Sour Cream, I used Cabot’s Brand, it’s yummy!
- Guacamole or avocado
- Fritos, corn chips, or tortilla chips, for crunch
- Beans, refried, or your bean of choice
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh diced mango would be so good!
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. add in the onion, tomato, yellow, and red bell peppers. Briefly Saute. Add in the garlic paste and sauté for a minute or two.
- Heat a separate skillet on medium high heat and add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, and add in the Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles. Add in parsley flakes for color and cook until heated through.
- Add in the lime and garlic rice packet and sauté for a minute or two.
- Next, add in the water and bring to a boil. Once bubbling, bring the heat down to low and cover. Simmer the rice and vegetable mixture for 20 – 22 minutes.
- Next, remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- Add the rice and veggie mixture to the bottom of a bowl. Top with the MorningStar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles.
- Next, add preferred taco toppings. I added grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa, jalapeños, scallions, and Fritos for crunch. Yum!!
I hope you give this one a try! It was packed with flavor and very satisfying.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!