This vegetarian soup is so quick to whip up, especially if you buy bagged pre-washed and chopped escarole. You can have a hearty and comforting meal in no time.
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 medium Celery Stalk, (about 1/2 cup) chopped finely
- 1 (15 ounce) package of Escarole, washed and chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can of Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (32 ounce) container of Vegetable Broth
- Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, and Parsley Garlic Salt Grinder
- 2 cups of Water
- 1 Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- Grana Padano Cheese, fresh grated, (or Parmesan, or Locatelli Pecorino Romano) to garnish soup
- Olive oil, to garnish soup
- Pepper, to garnish soup
- Sauté olive oil, butter, onion, garlic, and celery in a stock pot.
- Once translucent, add in the chopped escarole. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add in salt, pepper, and parsley garlic salt to your taste.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and water. Add in the vegetable bouillon and stir.
- Add the cannelini beans and simmer.
- When serving, garnish each bowl with freshly grated cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, and black pepper.
- Serve with your favorite bread and butter, focaccia, biscuits, garlic bread, or as a side to your favorite sandwich.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!