Smoked, caramelized sweet potatoes and all natural ingredients are used to create this delicious, homemade sweet potato pie. 🥧
- Approximately 1 pound of cooked sweet potatoes, peeled. (1 pound is approximately 3 medium sized sweet potatoes.) These sweet potatoes were smoked on the Traeger grill on high heat (approximately 450°) skins on, for about 50 minutes. Then allow the potatoes to cool and the skins easily come off.
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup of sugar (I used Domino Golden Sugar)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice up cooked and peeled sweet potatoes and put in blender with the softened butter, sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Blend until mixture is combined and smooth. Pour into cold 9 inch deep dish pie crust. Place pie on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 350° oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. The pie will puff up in the oven, but deflate as it cools.
I hope you give this recipe a try. I suggest making two pies at a time and either gift, or freeze the second pie for future enjoyment. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!