Make this Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing for the upcoming holidays. This cake is a winner and everyone will love it!
For the cake:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- .5 cup sugar (I used Domino Golden Sugar)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (light brown)
- 1 15 ounce can of 100% pure pumpkin purée
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 brick (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
- For the dry ingredients: Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Whisk dry ingredients to combine.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, combine the vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin purée, and vanilla extract.
- Next, Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared 9” x 13” pan. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare your icing. In a bowl combine the softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla extract, confectioners sugar, and salt with a hand mixer until nicely combined.
- Let the cake cool completely before icing the cake. Store the cake in the refrigerator. This pumpkin cake freezes well, just wrap tightly. I like to serve the cake at room temperature.
Consider making this cake in lieu of, or addition to a pumpkin pie for your holiday dessert table, it will not disappoint!