Homegrown tomatoes are the star in this simple and delicious classic bruschetta.
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, cored and diced (seeds removed if you prefer, they don’t bother me, LOL)
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the toasted bread:
- Italian bread, or baguette, sliced on a diagonal
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive oil to brush or drizzle on bread
- Garlic clove to rub on the bread
- Lightly sea salt the bread
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix together.
- Place bread slices on a sheet tray and drizzle or brush with olive oil. Rub bread with garlic clove and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Toast bread slices at 350° for about 10 minutes, or until slightly toasted and brown. Let cool on sheet tray.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto the bread slices, plate, and enjoy!
Do you make bruschetta? Some put chopped onions or shallots in theirs, that would be good too.