Homegrown tomatoes are the star in this simple and delicious classic bruschetta.
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, cored and diced (seeds removed if you prefer, they don’t bother me, LOL)
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the toasted bread:
- Italian bread, or baguette, sliced on a diagonal
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive oil to brush or drizzle on bread
- Garlic clove to rub on the bread
- Lightly sea salt the bread
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix together.
- Place bread slices on a sheet tray and drizzle or brush with olive oil. Rub bread with garlic clove and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Toast bread slices at 350° for about 10 minutes, or until slightly toasted and brown. Let cool on sheet tray.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto the bread slices, plate, and enjoy!
Do you make bruschetta? Some put chopped onions or shallots in theirs, that would be good too.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!