Use whatever vegetables you have on hand to make this delicious creamy Gorgonzola pasta. This dish is so scrumptious!
- 1 lb. Of your favorite pasta
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 to 2 cloves fresh finely minced garlic, or 1 teaspoon of refrigerated garlic paste
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 to 8 ounces of Gorgonzola cheese, reserve an ounce or 2 of cheese to garnish, if desired
- 2 cups sliced zucchini and yellow squash, sliced in half and cut into half moon shapes, or bite size pieces
- 1 cup of asparagus tips, or chopped full asparagus, briefly blanched in salted water
- 1 cup of reserved salted pasta water (water you cooked pasta in) if sauce becomes too thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, rough chopped for garnish
- Basil, for garnish
- Put pasta water in a stock pot to boil. Add salt to the pasta water.
- Add the butter to a pan on a medium low heat.
- Once butter is melted add the onion and sauté until it has softened about 2 minutes. Do not burn the butter.
- Add the garlic, yellow squash, and zucchini to the pan and briefly sauté, about two minutes. Do not burn the garlic.
- Add the half and half and cream and stir together when it begins to bubble, lower the heat and add the Gorgonzola cheese, reserve 1 to 2 ounces of some cheese for pasta garnish.
- Stir sauce until cheese is melted, remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta until al dente, reserve one cup of pasta water before straining the pasta. I use a spider tool to remove the pasta to add it to my sauce.
- Add the blanched asparagus and the pasta to the the Gorgonzola Cream sauce.
- If the sauce becomes too thick, add in some of the reserved pasta water to the pasta.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish pasta with Gorgonzola cheese, chopped parsley, and basil.