This pasta salad is packed with flavor from fresh herbs, lemon juice, tahini, feta cheese, and roasted tomatoes. No mayo makes it perfect to pack for your next outdoor adventure.
For the Lemon Herb Tahini Dressing:
- The juice of one and a half lemons
- 4 heaping tablespoons of Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 used some of the jarred grilled artichoke juice, this is optional
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Fresh soft herbs. I used fresh flat leaf parsley, chives, basil, and oregano, chopped small, stems removed. Approximately one Tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano, because it’s a stronger flavor. The other herbs you can add as much as you like. I add a lot of the parsley.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the pasta salad:
- 1 box of Fusilli pasta
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes, red and yellow
- Olive oil, to roast tomatoes
- Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to roast tomatoes
- 1/2 of a jar of grilled artichoke hearts, I used Delallo Brand, cut artichokes in half
- Pitted Kalamata Olives, sliced in half lengthwise
- One can of chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 of a large English cucumber, sliced, then quarter the slices
- 1 – 8 ounce block of feta cheese, cubed
- Wash the grape tomatoes, pat dry. Place on a parchment lined pan that fits in the air fryer. Coat grape tomatoes in olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400°. Remove from air fryer and set aside to cool.
- Cook the Fusilli pasta according to the package directions. Make sure to salt the water. Cook the pasta until it is Al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the dressing. Mix together the lemon juice, tahini, honey, red wine vinegar, onion, garlic, fresh chopped herbs, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add a splash or two of the artichoke marinade, it’s optional, but that’s what I did.
- Next, cut up the veggies: the cucumber, artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, and rinse and drain the chick peas. Cube the feta cheese.
- Drain the Al dente pasta. Toss the hot fusilli in the Lemon Herb Tahini dressing right away so it can absorb the flavors. Put in all of the veggies, the roasted tomatoes, the cucumber, artichokes, olives, chick peas, and feta cheese.
- Add additional herbs for garnish, if you’d like.
This is a perfect pasta salad for a BBQ, picnic, the beach, any outdoor event, because it is very flavorful, and there is no mayo in this recipe.