This homemade white bread is so easy to make. It is so delicious hot out of the oven with some butter and homemade jam!
- 4.5 cups of bread flour, I used King Arthur Organic Bread Flour
- 1 packet of dry Instant Yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Using a dough whisk. combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- In a microwave safe Pyrex, slowly heat the water, milk, and butter in 30 second intervals until warm to the touch (not hot). Approximately 120° to 130°F.
- Add the warm water, milk, and butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 10 to 15 minutes in a warm, draft free place.
- Pat dough down and knead on a lightly floured surface until shaped like the shape of your 9 x 5 bread pan.
- Spray the bread pan with cooking spray. Place the dough into the pan and spray the top with a light layer of spray before covering with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in the pan until doubled in size, approximately 40 minutes. If you prefer to use parchment paper to line your pan, it will make it easy to remove the bread loaf after baking. I use a stoneware pan and found it released easy with cooking spray.
- Bake the bread in a preheated 375° oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Enjoy warm with butter and jam, it’s so good! Or use to make your favorite sandwich. It would be awesome toasted too.