A sweet and tangy homemade glaze are featured in this tender DOUBLE smoked ham on the Traeger Grill. This is so easy and results in a moist, tender, flavorful ham. The glaze is so delicious! Try this for your next holiday celebration.
- One spiral cut smoked ham (the ham I used was Sam’s Choice brand from Walmart)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of garlic paste
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Grey Poupon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil, I used avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Peach and Apricot fruit spread (I used Cook’s Pantry Brand)
- 1/2 cup of real Maple Syrup (i used Coombs family farm brand)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the Traeger Grill to 350°. Make sure there are wood pellets in the hopper.
- Make sure the pan you are going to use fits into the Traeger and that the lid will close.
- Unwrap the ham, pour any ham juices in the bottom of the pan. Using a sharp knife, carefully score the top of the ham intersecting the spiral cut (about a 1/4 inch deep), creating a diamond pattern for the glaze to seep through.
- Once the Traeger has reached 350°, place the ham on the grill, cover with foil and cook for 1 hour.
- While the ham is cooking, prepare your glaze in a saucepan on the stovetop. Add the garlic paste, Grey Poupon mustard, and vegetable oil to the pan. Next, add in the peach and apricot fruit spread, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar. Heat on medium heat, stirring frequently, to cook the garlic and add a pinch of salt. Taste the glaze and adjust your seasonings as necessary. Take off heat.
- After the ham has cooked for one hour, remove foil, and glaze the ham with a silicone pastry brush, try to get the glaze between the ham slices. Reserve a little glaze to put a final glaze for when the ham is done. Cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes at 375°.
- Next, crank the heat to 450° for about 10 more minutes, or until the ham is to your desired doneness. Put a final glaze on the ham so it glistens. Carefully transfer to a serving platter.
What do you serve for Easter? What sides do you enjoy with ham? Please let me know in the comments.