These flavorful and festive Brown Butter Robin’s Egg Nest Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for a dessert buffet, or to wrap in cellophane and ribbon for your guests to take home after dinner.
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 5 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package of marshmallows
- Sprinkles of choice, optional
- Jelly Beans, Cadbury Mini Eggs, Mini chocolate eggs, or Marshmallow Peeps to place inside of the Rice Krispie Treats Nests
- In a large nonstick saucepan or skillet on medium low heat, slowly toast the 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal.
- Once golden and toasted, remove the cereal from the pan and add the butter on medium low heat. Let butter foam, stiring constantly, until the milk solids start to slightly brown and have a nutty scent. Turn off the heat and add the marshmallows, stirring constantly until they are melted into the brown butter.
- Slowly stir in the 6 cups of toasted Rice Krispie cereal. Stir in the optional sprinkles, as much as you would like.
- Spray a bowl and spoon the Rice Krispie mixture into the bowl to create the nest. Spray the bottom of a small condiment cup or small ramekin to make the bird’s nest impression into the nest; a place where the jelly beans or candies will go.
- Add some more sprinkles to the top of the nest, if you like.
- Let the nests cool before adding candies to the center.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!