This delicious chocolate bread is an awesome way to use up that extra zucchini. You can make more than one loaf and freeze for when you want a satisfying chocolatey treat!
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used bread flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of mashed banana (approximately 2 to 3 medium to large bananas, depending upon size)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup neutral flavored oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (approximately 2 medium or one large zucchini)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus 2 Tablespoons more to top loaf
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare loaf pan with cooking spray, and parchment sling, if desired. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, measure out dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, whisk together banana, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!