This rich, creamy pasta is so delicious and is so easy to make. I like it with angel hair pasta, but choose any shaped pasta you like.
- 1 – 16 ounce box of Angel hair pasta, I used DeCecco brand pasta
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 Tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 cup of stock of your choice, I used mushroom stock
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 8 ounces of blue cheese, cut up, I used President brand
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Locatelli cheese, to top pasta
- Fresh parsley and fresh basil to top pasta, chives would be great too!
- Starchy, salted pasta water from cooking pasta to thicken sauce, I used about a 1/4 cup
- Put water and salt in your pasta pot and cover, cook on high heat to bring to a boil.
- In a saucepan or wok, start the sauce. On medium high heat. add in butter, onion, and garlic paste. Sauté until onion is soft.
- Next, add in broth and heavy cream, Bring to a boil. Once boiled, add in the blue cheese, lower heat to simmer.
- Once the pasta water is boiling, add in the pasta, cook according to the box directions, cooking until al dente. Once pasta is ready, do not drain the pasta water, transfer the pasta to the sauce using tongs or a pasta fork and toss to coat. The pasta will thicken the sauce. Add in about 1/4 cup of the salty, starchy pasta water to help thicken the pasta sauce as well.
- Add in fresh herbs and top with Locatelli cheese. Also, taste the pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more fresh parsley and basil when plating.
Please like, share, and follow. Please also Follow my page on Facebook and Subscribe on YouTube. Thank you!