These smoked chicken drumsticks are seasoned with sweet maple seasoning, sea salt, and coated with some yummy maple BBQ sauce, resulting in the most delicious, tender BBQ chicken.
- Chicken drumsticks (I used a family size pack)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil
- Kinders Maple Seasoning, to coat
- Sea salt
- KC Masterpiece The Classic 816 Sweet Maple Flavor Kansas City BBQ Sauce, to coat
- Preheat the Traeger grill to 180 degrees. Close the grill lid for 10 minutes to preheat while you prep the chicken.
- Pat the chicken drumsticks dry, and drizzle with some olive oil. Season each drumstick with sea salt and sprinkle on Kinders Maple Seasoning on both sides of the drumsticks. Place on a foil and parchment lined sheet pan for easy clean up.
- Once the Traeger is preheated, insert the temperature probe into one of the chicken drumsticks, in the thickest part of the meat, but not touching the bone. Place the sheet pan onto the Traeger rack, and close the lid. Cook the chicken drumsticks at 180° for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes are up, turn the heat up to 350°. Cook the chicken drumsticks at 350° for an additional 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes are up, baste the chicken drumsticks with barbecue sauce. Once basted, cook the chicken drumsticks for 10 more minutes at 350°, or until the chicken internal temperature reaches 160° with the temperature probe.
How do you season chicken drumsticks? Do you grill in the warmer months to prevent heating up the kitchen? Please let me know in the comments.