This copycat Vegetarian Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme recipe has all the components of a Taco Bell Crunchwrap you can make at home. Flour tortillas, beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and a crunchy tostada shell inside.
I never had a Taco Bell Crunchwrap before until recently. I was out and about and needed to grab something quick. It was late and night, so I stopped at Taco Bell and was happy to see they had a vegetarian Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme. It hit the spot because I was hungry! I decided I would recreate it at home. These can be customized however you would like. With meat or without, with black beans or refried beans, any which way you would like!
- 2 larger sized (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 corn tostada shell
- Vegetarian refried beans (or black beans, whichever you prefer)
- Shredded Mexican Cheeses (I used Acme Brand’s Rustic Cut Mexican Blend Cheese), you can also use Nacho Cheese, I just used the shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Roma tomato, or pico de gallo, or salsa, or hot sauce of your choice
- Heat your non stick skillet on medium heat.
- Spread 1 or 2 Tablespoons of vegetarian refried beans (or black beans) on the bottom of the flour tortilla. Top with some shredded Mexican Blend cheese.
- Spread some sour cream and guacamole on top of the tostada. Top with more shredded Mexican Blend cheese. Top with shredded lettuce and some diced tomato.
- Place a second flour tortilla on top. I cut my second flour tortilla to be about an inch larger than the tostada. You probably don’t have to do this, but I thought it made it easier to fold the other tortilla over.
- Next, tight fold the edges up and over the center. Work your way around the flour tortilla, folded tightly.
- Place seam side down in your nonstick heat. Slowly heat at medium high heat until the underside is brown and crunchy, then flip and repeat on the other side. I used a sandwich griddle press on top of mine to get even browning.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and your favorite salsa, pico do gallo, or hot sauce.
What do you order from Taco Bell? What is your favorite dish to recreate at home? Let me know in the comments!