Fresh store bought pasta sheets make this homemade cheese lasagna easy and delicious!
- Your favorite pasta sauce (in a jar or homemade), I used Botticelli Tomato & Parmigiano Reggiano Sauce and some Victoria Brand Vodka Sauce
- 2 – 15 ounce containers of Ricotta Cheese, I use Whole Milk
- 5 Tablespoons of Locatelli Romano cheese, plus more for in between pasta layers
- 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese, I used Whole Milk, plus an extra cup for in between pasta layers
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon of basil paste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh pasta sheets, I used O’ Sole Mio Brand Lasagna Pasta Sheets
- Heat the sauce in a saucepan until simmering on medium to low heat.
- Meanwhile, mix up the cheese filling: the ricotta, Locatelli Romano, mozzarella, garlic, basil paste, parsley, torn basil leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, ladle sauce to coat the bottom of the lasagna dish. Top the sauce with a layer of fresh pasta noodles, then cheese mixture, sprinkle on some mozzarella and Locatelli on top of the cheese mixture. Then top with sauce.
- Repeat the process, noodles, cheese mixture, cheeses, sauce.
- When you get to the last noodle layer, top with sauce, some mozzarella, and some Locatelli cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil, place the lasagna on a sheet tray in case of any boil over, and bake at 350° for one hour. Once out of the oven, let the lasagna rest for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fresh torn parsley and basil.