Mushrooms, garlic, onions, and smoked Gouda cheese take the stage in this full flavored cheese”steak” sandwich. You won’t miss the meat.
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 pint of Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 of a small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoon of garlic paste
- Light soy sauce, to taste, I just did a couple of shakes of sauce
- Worchestershire Sauce, to taste (use vegan if you are vegan), I did a couple of shakes of sauce
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh Italian Parsley, torn
- 1/2 cup of Smoked Gouda cheese, freshly grated
- Add the butter and olive oil to the skillet at medium high heat. Next, add the sliced mushrooms and onions. And lastly the garlic.
- Add in the seasonings, Light soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Add in the fresh torn Italian parsley.
- Slice the roll, lightly butter and lightly toast.
- Flatten the mushroom and onion mixture to an even layer in the pan. Add the smoked Gouda cheese to the top and cover to melt the cheese.
- One cheese is melted, place your toasted roll, sliced side down, on top of the mushrooms and cheese and use a spatula to flip the mushrooms and cheese out of the pan and onto your roll.
- Plate it up, slice in half on a bias and serve with your favorite side, maybe chips, fries, or a pickle. Yum!!!