These flavorful burrito bowls are topped with crispy popcorn shrimp and have the fresh flavors of colorful bell peppers, cilantro, chili powder, garlic, and scallion. Don’t forget the black refried beans and brown rice to make this a filling meal! Give this one a try!
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 Bell peppers, red, orange and yellow, sliced
- One small red onion, sliced thin
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 11 ounce can of corn, drained
- 2 Fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 Scallions, sliced thin (reserve one scallion for garnish)
- 1 package of Tasty Bite Organic Ready made brown rice
- 1 package of Ben’s Original Long Grain and Wild Rice with Herbs and Seasonings Ready Rice
- 1 package of Isadora Black refried beans
- 1 avocado, diced (use a half per bowl)
- 1 jalapeño, membranes and seeds removed, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- One box of frozen popcorn shrimp, cooked in air fryer using package directions, I used Lidl brand’s popcorn shrimp
- 8 ounce Monterey Jack cheese block, shredded
- Tablespoon of sour cream for each bowl
- 4 or 5 Grape tomatoes, sliced for each bowl
- Tortilla chips, if desired, for crunch
- Add salsa, or pico de gallo, if desired
- Cook the popcorn shrimp in the air fryer according to package directions while you cook up the veggies in a skillet.
- Add olive oil to your skillet. Once up to temperature at medium high heat, sauté the peppers and onions with the chili powder and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add in the corn.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro. Also add in two chopped scallions.
- Next, add in the plum tomatoes.
- Wedge the limes and dice the avocado and jalapeño for serving. Also shred the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Meanwhile, microwave your ready rices and the refried beans according to their package directions.
- Once the shrimp is crispy, start to assemble your bowls.
- Add the rice to the bottom of the bowl. Add the sautéed veggies. Put on some of the refried black beans, avocado, jalapeño, lime wedges, popcorn shrimp, grape tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream. Garnish with chopped scallions, cilantro, and tortilla chips, if desired. Serve with your favorite salsa or pico de gallo.
Follow on IG ↪️ @diy.happyhome
Subscribe on YouTube ↪️ https://youtube.com/channel/UCr89aStZLLCWNHwwi6Oc6Jg