This fresh veggie sandwich is one that I recreated from one of my favorite lunch spots. Add a side and it is an awesome, deliciously fresh, healthy, and filling lunch.
- 2 slices of multigrain bread (I used Lidl Brand 12 grain multigrain bread for this recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon of Chili lime spread, (see recipe below)
- 2 Colby Jack cheese slices
- 4 slices of an English cucumber, sliced thin on a bias, lightly salted with sea salt
- Tomato, 2 Large slices, I used large beefsteak tomatoes, lightly sea salted
- 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of Sunflower seeds, sprinkled onto the avocado
- Fresh baby spinach leaves, enough to coat your sandwich, stems removed
Chili Lime Spread Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise, such as Hellmann’s Brand
- 1 Tablespoon of Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mix all of the chili lime mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl. Spread the chili lime mayonnaise on the multigrain seeded bread.
Next, top each slice of bread with a layer of Colby Jack cheese. Then, top one half with 4 slices of cucumber. Next, top with two large tomato slices. Then top with the half of the sliced avocado. Sprinkle on the sunflower seeds. Then add a layer of the fresh baby spinach leaves.
Place the top slice of bread and cheese onto the rest of the sandwich. Place toothpicks on top to hold the sandwich together, slice in half, and enjoy!
This would be great served with a side of fruit salad, pasta salad, potato salad, chips, pickles, or some fresh strawberries.
I hope you give it a try!
Follow on IG ↪️ @diy.happyhome
Subscribe on YouTube ↪️ https://youtube.com/channel/UCr89aStZLLCWNHwwi6Oc6Jg