This veggie chili has so much flavor and is filled with healthy ingredients. Serve with your favorite chili topping and sides for a satisfyingly comforting meal.
- 2 Tablespoons of preferred oil, I used Flax Seed Oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced, the seeds in the center and the core were removed
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Paste
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 1 packet of McCormick’s 50% Less Sodium Chili Seasoning
- 2 cans of Rotel Mild Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 15.5 ounce can of Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 ounce carton of Vegetable Broth
- 1 15.5 ounce can of Bush’s Best Sidekicks Southwest Zest Pinto Beans in a Red Chile Sauce with Cumin & Jalapeños
- 1 15.5 ounce can of Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15.5 ounce cans of water
- Sea Salt, to taste, if necessary
- 1 Tablespoon of Corn Meal, if desired, to thicken Chili
- Your favorite Chili Toppings. Such as Grated cheese, sour cream, avocado, onions, scallions, cilantro, corn chips, cotija cheese, guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, crema, jalapeños, so many yummy toppings!
- Heat oil in the slow cooker. Once heated, add in the vegetables and sauté.
- Next, add in the garlic paste, tomato paste, and seasoning packet. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes more to allow the spices to bloom.
- Then add in Rotel, Beans, Broth, and Water. Stir. Taste it for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Put on Ninja Foodi Slow Cooker lid (vent on seal) and select Slow Cooker mode. Select High Temperature and set the time for 4 hours, select Start.
- After 4 hours, remove lid and stir. If you prefer a thicker chili, Stir in a Tablespoon of Corn Meal to thicken.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings and sides. There are some topping suggestions above. Some great sides for chili are cornbread, tortilla chips, breadsticks, biscuits, rolls, quesadillas, nachos, tacos, baked potatoes, rice, fries, salad, grilled cheese, garlic bread, corncakes, coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, the possibility are endless!
What toppings and sides do you like with chili? I’ve heard some enjoy their chili with a peanut butter sandwich.