Watch me cook delicious, healthy, and satisfying veggie chili in my Instant Pot.
The weather is finally cooler in Pennsylvania, it made me crave delicious veggie chili. Warm yourself up by making some hearty, healthy, and easy veggie chili in the Instant Pot.
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Carrots, 1/2 cup, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Red Bell Pepper, 1 pepper, chopped
- Yellow Bell Pepper, 1 pepper, chopped
- Green Bell Pepper, 1 pepper, chopped
- Yellow squash, 1 squash, chopped
- Onion, one medium, chopped
- 1 TSP of Orrington Farms Vegan Vegetable Broth Base
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- One pinch of Tajin Chili Lime Seasoning
- Black beans, one can, rinsed and drained
- Kidney beans, one can, rinsed and drained
- Pinto beans, one can, rinsed and drained
- Two or three pickled jalapeños rings, chopped
- Diced tomatoes, one small can
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes with seasonings, one small can
- The juice of one Lime
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- pink sea salt to taste
- I forgot to add garlic, but a couple of cloves of garlic would be great, ha ha
Possible toppings for your chili:
- Shredded cheddar, or Monterey Jack, or Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Lime wedges
- Jalapeno rings
- Tortilla chips
- Corn bread
- corn chips
- Cheddar bay biscuits
- Nachos on the side
- Baked potatoes on the side
Put your instant pot on the sauté setting and sauté all the veggies in olive oil until soft. Add in broth base and spices, beans, and diced tomatoes, and stir. Then add lime juice and tomato paste. Season with pink salt to taste. My Instant Pot would not seal, so my chili cooked for about 32 minutes with the lid on. If it would have sealed, I would have done 8 minutes on High Pressure, Manual Release (sealing the valve).
Please see my how-to video. If you try this chili, please let me know in the Comments. If you have any special ingredients that you add to your veggie chili recipe, or any special veggie chili recipe you use, I’d love to hear about it in the Comments! Please feel free to Like, Follow, Comment, and Share. Please also Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, I would love to have you as a subscriber!
Thanks for joining me! Happy Cooking!